Why not Mewtwo ex in post rotation Gardevoir decks?

You must be logged in if you wish to post to the forum.

User
OPpooperkj 1 month ago

If Zacian is rotating, I think Mewtwo ex electric tera is a great replacement, doing Zacian's job (damage wise at least) but better. Minus the loss of Zacian's ability, mewtwo requires less energy and does damage for each energy on ALL of your pokemon. Am I just missing something and people are using it in post rotation decks? I get espathra is good but it requires an evo, and does damage for each energy on both actives which can be good if playing against certain decks, but I think Mewtwo is more consistent and lets you fully control it unlike Espathra. Me personally once my shipment comes in I'll definitely be testing Mewtwo. Also its first move is great if you dont have a Gardevoir set up!

User
Eminginjo 1 month ago

noted down

User
AlphaNova 1 month ago

The main problem with mewtwo ex is that it is a lightning tera type. Unfortunately,Gardevoir ex (Scarlet & Violet) is only able to attach energy cards to other psychic types, so you can't accelerate energy onto mewtwo with it. While you could put energy onto other Pokémon and still do more damage, you still have to spend two turns manually attaching energy from your hand to mewtwo, making it a more awkward setup.

Of course, if you can find a way to get it to work, go right ahead and have fun with it :)

User
AlphaNova 1 month ago

Also, sorry if that is showing up mostly in bolder text. The site wouldn't let me undo it for some reason

User
OPpooperkj 1 month ago

I'll have to playtest it once I get it, I'll update on the consistency of it.

User
Eminginjo 1 month ago

sad, mewtwo ex could've been a great addition to the gardy