How were you introduced to pokemon?

You must be logged in if you wish to post to the forum.

User
OP0njii 1 year ago

I'll go first. I started by watching the anime on Netflix. I believe it was the Indigo League but I could be wrong. Then my aunt and uncle had found out from my parents and my oldest cousin apparently had some Pokemon merch that he had grown out of. And bam, I suddenly had some old Pokemon cards. That was only the beginning of my Pokemon journey. There's never been a time were something or anything Pokemon has never looked appealing to me. But now we are here and I have well over thousands of Pokemon cards, plushes, figures, games all together. I will never lose my love for the pokemon franchise and everything it has to offer. Thanks Pokemon company for everything so far.

User
Octowen 1 year ago

My friend from school who lived down the block played Pokémon, and he got me starting to play. I joined when flashfire came out, which was a fun time, my first cards were a meowstick theme deck, and I still have the Foil Meowstick today!

User
OP0njii 1 year ago

Dang that's sounds awesome! I can't remeber what set I joined at but it was defintly some time during the XY series where I pulled the first EX I can remember, a Sylveon EX rare card. 

User
Octowen 1 year ago

Nice! I can't remember my first EX but it was really funny when I opened a booster pack and thought you got the Pokémon on the front (it was Pyroar from Flashfire), and I was so sad when I didn't pull it. Later my parents bought me a Pyroar card out of sympathy. (Should've picked a Mega Charizard X pack! 😂)

One of my first EXs was a Charizard from an EX box though.

User
OP0njii 1 year ago

Oh dang that's still pretty great! I probably thought that too at one point. That would be very funny if you pulled the card off of the pack. But a Charizard EX that's pretty cool!

User
R3CORD 1 year ago

as a kid i collected and played but then lost all of them, many years later, I decided to start again and now I'm on a roll

User
car0t 1 year ago

i started collecting in 2016 when generations was out because all the cool kids had pokemon... then stopped in around 2019 and started again in around 2021. I lost all my gx cards but still have a gardevoir ex full art from generations.

User
Dawgs-on-top 1 year ago

I started collecting in 2018 when my friend brought me to a Pokémon club at the library I think it was burning shadows...? My first cards were some just random cards out of his binder + a psychic and dark energy which I called the blue and purple cards.

User
Adamantite 11 months ago

Bro like every card game I've played I was intoduced into it by my brother who was also a card game nerd when we were kids.

User
Octowen 11 months ago

Car0t what was your favorite GX that you had before you lost them all?

User
OP0njii 11 months ago

There's been so many good cards that I've pulled throughout the years my top favorite probably being the rainbox salamence gx from Dragon Majesty or we could also say Zinnia from Dragon Majesty too. I opened a TON of Dragon Majesty during the sun and moon collection times it's gaven me probably my best pulls yet

User
Octowen 11 months ago

What are your views on tag teams? 👍 or 👎

User
Octowen 11 months ago

Forgot emojis don't work. *facepalm*

User
Adamantite 11 months ago

Tag teams re so good honestly. Or were but now days there are better. But I still use tag teams in some of my decks but with vstars and ex out I don't think they stand too much of a chance.

User
OP0njii 11 months ago

Yeah youre honestly right there I absolutley love the tag teams though pika zekrom being my favorite 1 for good art and 2 for good attacks

User
Octowen 11 months ago

I agree, Tag Teams are fun and great collectibles.

User
car0t 11 months ago

@Octowen, I had this one charizard gx from burning shadows that was my prized possesion... it's worth like 20 dollars nowadays :(((((((

User
Octowen 11 months ago

I actually remember buying the Burning Shadows ETB and the only good pull I got was that Charizard GX! It's so straight-up overpowered: 300 damage, and a GX attack to discard the top 10 cards of your opponent's deck. I don't have it anymore though. :( 

User
car0t 11 months ago

same here :(

User
OP0njii 11 months ago

Honestly the 300 Damage seems good in the long run but think like what cards back then had 300 damage you'd be lucky if they had over 250