Decks with Standard Search aren't Standard

You must be logged in if you wish to post to the forum.

User
OPTandemTCG 2 years ago

Hello,

I want to bring a huge problem to your attention.

In the deckbuilder, the default format it uploads as is Standard. When scrolling through decks, a lot aren't standard, becuase people don't care to change the format. Can you guys find a way to strictly enforce proper format selection?

Thanks in advance,

TandemTCG

User Premium
Genesis 2 years ago

Hey there,

I definitely agree that it's starting to become a big problem.

The first thing I've done is move "No Specific Format" to be the default choice which saves against the people who don't care to change the dropdown.

The next step is a little bit harder in which I want to enforce deck-building rules. I'll start working on this and will look into it!

User Premium
Genesis 2 years ago

Just a quick update on this!

We have now implemented a Format Checker that validates the deck before it is submitted/edited. This checks if you have selected either: Standard, Expanded or Unlimited and then checks against the deck to verify if it is compatible with that format. 

I will also be creating a script that will retroactively update all previously uploaded decks.

User Premium
Genesis 2 years ago

All decks have now been retroactively updated!

User
OPTandemTCG 2 years ago
Genesis:

We have now implemented a Format Checker that validates the deck before it is submitted/edited. This checks if you have selected either: Standard, Expanded or Unlimited and then checks against the deck to verify if it is compatible with that format.

I will also be creating a script that will retroactively update all previously uploaded decks.

I am extremely grateful. If I can return the favor, let me know :DD!