How to stop Path to the Peak

You must be logged in if you wish to post to the forum.

User
OPcat 2 years ago

With the release of Path to the Peak, a lot of needed support Pokemon like Crobat V are rendered useless.

But with the release of Celebrations, Palkia has an ability of Absolute Force, which disables the opponent playing stadium cards

Is this a viable strategy?

User
Nichibo 2 years ago

Nowadays Crobat V ir really not played but for deck's like Calirex Vmax you need an answer to that.

The first and the most used strategy is abuse of any stadium that can discard path to the peak for example the old cementery for the Calirex, the shooping center in Eternatus Vmax or the circhester bath in Zacian V/ Zamazenta V.

Nowadays the best engine is the drizzile/inteleon for the most decks so path to the peak is not really relevant except for really few decks and there are way better option that palkia as i suggested you. 

User
NinecardTCG 2 years ago

Path to the Peak (PttP) can be annoying for a lot of decks - I play Single Strike Urshifu and Crobat V and Umbreon Vmax's abilities are important for me. The best method of getting rid of PttP is simply by playing your own stadium card. For example, decks that rely on abilities will run 4 copies of a stadium card. The new Mew Vmax deck is so dependent on the ability of Genesect V that some people run 5 stadiums all to counter Pttp!

There is also Pumpkaboo from Evolving Skies that, when you play it from your hand to the bench you can discard a stadium in play. It's not as good as a strategy because 1) it takes up valuable bench space after it's played and 2) it can be a target for things like Boss' Orders or snipe damage.

You just have the play around PttP if your deck doesn't require abilities that much (the use of Inteleon and the Shady Dealings line was mentioned earlier - this is a great consistency option) or be ready to counter PttP with your own stadium. You can also combine the two and use Shady Dealings to search for your stadium when you need it the most!

I would advise against the Palkia option because in games where your opponent is not playing PttP or it's not in play, it ends up being a dead card and doesn't add any value to your win condition.

I hope this helps!

User
Jorden Hamilton 2 years ago

Path to the Peak can be annoying especially for decks like Mew VMAX that rely on Genesect's ability to draw cards, Shadow Rider Calyrex VMAX that relies on the VMAX's ability to accelerate energies, and a ton of other decks with abilities from 2 Prize Pokemon or 3 Prize Pokemon. The best way to counter Path to the Peak in my opinion is to play 3 or 4 stadiums in your deck. Think about what deck you are playing and put the appropriate stadium in. For example, Mew VMAX could run 4 Old Cemetery or Shadow Rider Calyrex VMAX could run 3 Training Court. Also, the Shady Dealings Drizzile and Shady Dealings Inteleon abilities lets you grab trainers from your deck so if you find those cards good in your deck, run those. Examples of decks that run Drizzile or Inteleon are Leafeon VMAX, Jolteon VMAX, and Dragapult VMAX. 

I do not think Palkia is good since there is options like getting rid of Path to the Peak in play with your own stadium.

User
litz 2 years ago

Is there not some kind of card, that can stop the effects of stadiums in play?

I play Zamazenta with it's Dauntless Shield ability which prevents all damage done to Zamazenta by youre opponents Vmax, but Path to the Peak really makes Zamazenta helpless.

User
Riperillaboom 2 years ago

I can't speak for Zamazenta, but in terms of support pokemon, a lot of decks have been replacing their crobats with Inteleon lines. It's a little trickier, but it gets exactly the right trainers and isn't affected by Path. If you really wanted your Zamazenta to stick, you could play Pumpkaboo from Evolving skies with some scoop up nets, or your own counter stadiums, but that still doesn't stop the opponent from re-playing it on their turn. 

User
Bluepanther512 2 years ago

My advise: If you really need to get rid of PttP, play 6+ Stadiums. Other than that, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em

User
010tyu 1 year ago

Lost vacuum  is good for remove your opponents key stadiums and tools

User
Eminginjo 1 year ago

pumpkaboo from evolving skies and scoop up net from rebel clash will work 

User
Popp36912 1 year ago

I use pumpkaboo in my shadow rider deck and i works fine

User
Xavi pokegod100 1 year ago

lost vacum? It doesn't just discard it, it fully chucks it in the lost zone. You do have to sacrifice one of your own cards, but it might be good 

User

I wish scarlett and violet would reprint chaotic swell. It's so useful for getting rid of any stadium.

User
Xavi pokegod100 1 year ago - Edited: 1 year ago
litz:

Is there not some kind of card, that can stop the effects of stadiums in play?

I play Zamazenta with it's Dauntless Shield ability which prevents all damage done to Zamazenta by youre opponents Vmax, but Path to the Peak really makes Zamazenta helpless.

User

I don't thik you can fully prevent stadium effects, but you could play pumpkaboo, lost vacum, chaotic swell, or just spam at least 4 stadiums

User
Adamantite 11 months ago

Simple strat: play your own stadium.

User
Octowen 11 months ago

It's been a year and PTTP is still terrorizing decks! Mainly Gardevoir EX

User
Adamantite 11 months ago

I mean why waste a bench space when you can waste the stadium space?

User
Adamantite 11 months ago

Oh but palkia is a problem.

User
Octowen 11 months ago

Pumpkaboo was good until Scoop Up Net rotated.

User
Nocruor0 11 months ago - Edited: 11 months ago

Single Strike Urshifu (Dark Type) can destroy a stadium with Field Crush and 50 damage. It doesn't have the D symbol so it hasn't been rotated out yet.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Single_Strike_Urshifu_(Chilling_Reign_108)

It has the E symbol