Here's a fun Maushold ex deck that I've been playing lately. Many cards are up to player's discretion, but the core of the deck is Tandemaus (Paradox Rift), Maushold ex (Paradox Rift), and Cheren's Care (Brilliant Stars). Round out the deck with Bombirdier ex (Paradox Rift) and Squawkabilly ex (Paldea Evolved) for some turn 1 utility.
This deck requires speed and aggression.
Turn 1: Get as many Tandmaus on the board as you can. Don't use any items that you won't be able to benefit from this turn (i.e. Feather Ball); you will likely get Iono'd or Judged and that item will be wasted. If you pulled it, attach a Lucky Energy to the active Pokémon (if it's a Squawkabilly, then it's up to you). Also if you pulled it, put a Bombirdier in the active spot as a backup to your starting hand and keep it there until you get a Double Turbo Energy so you can attack (the Energy Loto (Astral Radiance) is ideal for this).
Turn 2: Evolve as many Maushold ex's as you can unless you have a Cheren's Care; if so, keep one Tandemaus as it is. Use an Energy Loto to find another Energy, put on a Rigid Band (or tool of choice) and go on the offensive. Use Bombirdier's Shadowy Wind to get your first KO or soften up a beefier Pokémon.
Turn 3: If your active Maushold ex takes more than 30 damage, use a Cheren's Care to pull it, move the next Maushold into the active slot, evolve the open Tandemaus on your bench, and replace it with the new Tandemaus.
Turn 4: ...? (Chaos. It's chaos.)
Turn 5: Profit.
Update 1: I completely forgot that Bombirdier ex (Paradox Rift) exists; I am currently testing replacing the Snorlax Dolls with Bombirdier to ensure I can have as many Tandemaus out as possible. I only had enough credits for three, so I replaced the Dolls with three Bombirdier ex's and a Squawkabilly ex (Paldea Evolved).
Update 2: After much more playtesting, I made the following changes:
- Dropped all Snorlax Dolls and replaced them with Bombirdier ex (x3) and Squawkabilly ex (x2). Both have turn 1 utility that is otherwise regulated to Supporter cards.
- Dropped the Medical Energy to max out Double Turbo and Jet Energy. Both have more utility early game, and the Medical Energy rarely went to a MausEx that needed it.
- Got rid of Switch entirely. Between the Jet Energy and MausEx's free retreat, these were consistently unused.
- Leveled out the Trainer and Supporter cards; Battle VIP Pass, Cheren's Care, Boss's Orders, and Pokégear 3.0 all set to x3.
- Added three Crushing Hammer (Scarlet & Violet) cards; it really helps when you're up against the current Roaring Moon craze.
As always - let me know your suggestions! I just reached 600 on this season's PTCGLive ranked ladder using just this deck; next stop is 1,320!
Update 3: Replaced the basic Tandemaus with the version that has no retreat cost so they can be pulled by Feather Ball. Thanks to @CountyGibbon798 for the tip!
Other Decks on pokemoncard.io
Master Duel Cost Breakdown
Export to Image
Export to List
Price Deck from
Total Estimated Deck Price:
This tool attempts to find the lowest Market Price for each card on .
|Card||Qty||Price ea||Card Set|
Prices not found for the following cards:
Download Deck images
This will download all images used in this deck and zip them up for you. This is done on your computer and could take a minute or so to complete so please do not close the page.